Virginia Baptists have entered into a 2 year agreement with the Ghana Baptist Convention to reduce malaria in Yendi, Ghana and to plant churches in the surrounding area. We hope to significantly reduce the cases of malaria through:
- Distributing 100,000 chemically treated mosquito nets within the Yendi municipality. The population of Yendi is approximately 180,602.
- Providing vital education into the proper use of the mosquito net
- Providing additional education on health, awareness and prevention of malaria
“More Than” just distributing mosquito nets
There are approximately 454 communities in Yendi. 145 of those already have a church. Our goal is to assist the Ghana Baptist Convention, under the leadership of church planter Emmanuel “Moose” Mustapha, in planting 309 churches in the remaining villages.
We encourage individuals and churches to purchase “units” for this project. A unit costs $10 and consists of:
$6 = 1 mosquito net
$2 = Education
$1 = Transportation
$1 = Church Planting
Our goal is to raise $1 million in 2 years. This will purchase 100,000 nets, teach residents how to use them, and plant over 300 churches.
Support More Than Nets
- Donate Online
- Donate by Mail
- Promotional Supplies
Make checks payable to “Baptist General Association of Virginia” with the designation “More Than Nets” on the memo line and send to:
More Than Nets
Baptist General Association of Virginia
2828 Emerywood Parkway
Richmond, VA 23294
T-shirts are $15 ($10 goes towards the project) and inserts and flyswatters are free.
Donate By Text
- To donate $10: Text the word “NETS” to the number 501501. The donation will appear on your next cell phone statement.
- To donate more than $10: Text the word “NETS” and your donation amount (ex: “NETS 100”) to 91011. You will be directed to a website to complete your donation.
Like the More Than Nets Facebook page for more photos and to stay updated on this exciting project!
More Than Nets Videos