BGAV Executive Office
The Executive Office relates to all agencies and institutions in partnership with the Baptist General Association of Virginia.
Executive Director: Dr. John V. Upton, Jr. (biography)
Treasurer: Rev. David Washburn
Executive Assistant: Mrs. Marilee White
Elected at the 195th Annual Meeting of the Baptist General Association of Virginia in Hampton, the following are officers for 2019.
President: Mr. L. Richard Martin
1st Vice President: Rev. Dr. Adam Tyler
2nd Vice President: Rev. Jay Lawson
Clerk: Rev. Herbert Ponder
The officers serve one-year terms, which conclude at the Annual Meeting. The 2019 meeting will be held at Bonsack Baptist Church in Roanoke, VA.
BGAV Executive Board
Chair: Rev. Dr. Kevin Meadows, Roanoke
BGAV Mission Council
Chair of the Virginia Baptist Mission Council
BGAV Standing Committees
- Committee on Credentials – Patty Spragg, Huguenot Road Baptist Church
- Tellers Committee – TBD
- Committee on Boards and Committees – Tim Madison, Mechanicsville Baptist Church
- Committee on Scholarships & Ministerial Education Funds – Tommy McDearis, Blacksburg Baptist Church
- Committee on Program – Scott Curtis, Heritage Baptist Church
- Committee on Christian Life – Mat Brown, Blackstone Baptist Church
- Committee on Memorial – Nancy Stanton McDaniel, Rhoadesville Baptist Church
- Committee on Religious Liberty – Rick Clore, Orange Baptist Church
- Committee on Resolutions – Reginald Warren, Union Hill Baptist Church
Click here to view the BGAV Constitution & Bylaws approved by messengers at the 2014 BGAV Annual Meeting in Hampton, VA with revisions made in 2015 and 2016.