BGAV Executive Office
The Executive Office relates to all agencies and institutions in partnership with the Baptist General Association of Virginia.
Executive Director: Dr. John V. Upton, Jr. (biography)
Treasurer: Rev. David Washburn
Executive Assistant: Mrs. Marilee White
Elected at the 196th Annual Meeting of the Baptist General Association of Virginia in Roanoke, the following are officers for 2020.
President: Rev. Dr. J. Adam Tyler
1st Vice President: Dr. Ron Gravatt
2nd Vice President: Rev. Carol Johnston
Clerk: Rev. Dr. Herbert Ponder
The officers serve one-year terms, which conclude at the Annual Meeting. The 2020 meeting will be held in Hampton, VA.
BGAV Executive Board
Chair: Mrs. Rebecca McKinney, Collinsville
BGAV Mission Council
Rev. Dr. J. Adam Tyler
Chair of the Virginia Baptist Mission Council
BGAV Standing Committees
- Committee on Credentials – TBD
- Tellers Committee – TBD
- Committee on Boards and Committees – Tim Madison, Mechanicsville Baptist Church
- Committee on Scholarships & Ministerial Education Funds – Tommy McDearis, Blacksburg Baptist Church
- Committee on Program – Ann Brown, Gretna Baptist Church
- Committee on Christian Life – John Sawyer, Bon Air Baptist Church
- Committee on Memorial – Nancy Stanton McDaniel, Rhoadesville Baptist Church
- Committee on Religious Liberty – Todd Blake, Madison Heights Baptist Church
- Committee on Resolutions – Mike Hatfield, Chatham Heights Baptist Church
Click here to view the BGAV Constitution & Bylaws approved by messengers at the 2014 BGAV Annual Meeting in Hampton, VA with revisions made in 2015 and 2016.