Children’s Ministry Resources
As our churches search for a new “normal” in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, our children are most vulnerable to how we handle ourselves through this situation. The resources included below should serve as a starting point for how to minister to the children in your congregation through this time.
VBS Planning During COVID-19
- WOW! A free, live-streamed Vacation Bible School at home resource for churches to provide for their families. These VBS events are held June 22-25 and June 29-July 2. Learn more at : https://wowvbs.live/
- Webinar: What About VBS in a Summer of Social Distancing? online discussion from April 20, 2020 now available to watch on video
- LifeWay is offering a free ebook to help churches plan a strategy for VBS during these challenging times. Even if your church doesn’t use LifeWay materials, this booklet offers helpful suggestions which can be adapted for your curriculum.
- VBS: What Might it Look Like this Summer? a BGAV blog post with links to what some publishers are offering
- Free VBS curriculum provided through Baptist Way Press and Texas Baptists
Weekly Bible Lessons and Content for Kids
- LifeWay is offering free Bible lesson videos and other downloads via their Digital Pass website. Parents can set up an account to access these resources at digitalpass.lifeway.com.
- Free Sunday School curriculum for children from BaptistWay Press
- Free Sunday School curriculum for preschoolers from BaptistWay Press
- Orange is allowing parents to have free access to digital resources during the COVID-19 crisis: View here.
- Parents may sign up to receive daily family devotionals through through Josh McDowell Ministries and CRU: Sign up here.
- Free devotionals for families with preschoolers: https://babydevotions.com/free-printables/
Video Content for All Ages
- Right Now Media is offering free accounts to access to a portion of their vast library of video content for all ages: View here.
- Rebuilding Your Volunteer Team after COVID – a helpful podcast for those who are still working and praying through what regathering will look like
- 7 Considerations for Updating Your Kids Ministry Policies Now published by LifeWay
- Orange is partnering with Playlister to provide churches with a free way to send a customized video experience to your families each week
- Article: Some publishers are relaxing copyright restrictions, but read this article before you read a book or excerpt from a book online. If the publisher of the book that you wish to read is not included in this article, go to their website or contact them
- 4 Ways to Utilize Tech Tools for Kids Ministry
- App: YouVersion is offering a free app for kids that offers short videos with Bible stories, memory verses, and worship songs with hand motions. Get the YouVersion app.
- Article: Orange is offering some creative ways to connect with the children in our ministries: View here.
- Article: The folks at Conscious Discipline are providing an insightful article to help parents as they guide their children through these times: View article.
- Facebook: if you use Facebook, please visit our Children’s Ministry Resource Page.
Other Church Resources
In the midst of the current COVID-19 pandemic, churches around the world are having to step back and rethink how “church” can be done. Whether your church is tech-savvy or doesn’t even have an email address, there are resources to help you and your congregation navigate this unprecedented time as a family of faith. There are many, many more available than what you see here, and you can find them yourself using online search engines. We are simply wanting to provide you with a place to start—an abbreviated, categorized list of helpful articles and videos that you may find helpful—all on one web page.
Be sure to bookmark this page and visit it frequently, as we will update it regularly with new resources as they become available.Church Resources
Ways You Can Respond and/or Request Help
Complete any or all of the forms below as indicated, and we will respond as is appropriate.
My church would like to apply for a BGAV grant of up to $1,000
I have a story to share about how we are responding
Can your church facility function as a small scale feeding site? Share information about your church kitchen and resources.
I would like to request prayer and/or a personal contact from a chaplain.
Donate to Our COVID-19 Response!
I would like to add my name/my church to the list of state volunteers and/or sites willing and able to respond to COVID-19-related needs in my community.