Ways You Can Respond and/or Request Help
Complete any or all of the forms below as indicated, and we will respond as is appropriate.
My church would like to apply for a BGAV grant of up to $1,000 to help our community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
I have a story to share about how we are responding in our church/community to the COVID-19 pandemic.
I would like to add my name/my church to the list of state volunteers and/or sites willing and able to respond to COVID-19-related needs in my community.
I would like to request prayer and/or a personal contact from a chaplain.
Children’s Ministry Resources
As our churches search for a new “normal” in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, our children are most vulnerable to how we handle ourselves through this situation. The resources included below should serve as a starting point for how to minister to the children in your congregation through this time.
Giving Online to Your Church:
- BGAV Church Donation Link (give now to your church through BGAV)
Resources for Children’s Ministers, Volunteers, and Parents
- LifeWay is offering free Bible lesson videos and other downloads via their Digital Pass website. Parents can set up an account to access these resources at digitalpass.lifeway.com
- Orange is offering some creative ways to connect with the children in our ministries: https://orangekidmin.com/ways-to-digitally-connect-with-kids-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=85378360&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8C3VvGUyzW-si1rcyAKzB_nn4shwyEGOoeRo6yOFup8GwvvftVniKgbQsVUJ8I-KxIAKuO2v9Rp7fPRbYVCQ2-_wZvcQ&_hsmi=85378360.
- You Version is offering a free app for kids. The app offers short video with Bible stories, memory verses, and worship song with hand motions. https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app-for-kids/?fbclid=IwAR1ub-9hebsBbsBaXsatdAEwI35LM2PGGjVLP46BG_bFqIJZhIFMLgxf5y0
- Parents may sign up to receive daily family devotionals through through Josh McDowell Ministries and CRU: https://www.josh.org/resources/youth-family/daily-devotions/family/.
- Orange is allowing parents to have free access to digital resources during the COVID-19 crisis: https://orangekidmin.com/coronavirus/
- If you use Facebook, please visit our Children’s Ministry Facebook page.
- The folks at Conscious Discipline are providing an insightful article to help parents as they guide their children through these times: https://consciousdiscipline.com/covid-19-five-helpful-responses-for-families/
- Check back here soon for more ideas!
Other Church Resources
In the midst of the current COVID-19 pandemic, churches around the world are having to step back and rethink how “church” can be done. Whether your church is tech-savvy or doesn’t even have an email address, there are resources to help you and your congregation navigate this unprecedented time as a family of faith. There are many, many more available than what you see here, and you can find them yourself using online search engines. We are simply wanting to provide you with a place to start—an abbreviated, categorized list of helpful articles and videos that you may find helpful—all on one web page.
Be sure to bookmark this page and visit it frequently, as we will update it regularly with new resources as they become available.Church Resources