Date: July 15, 2019 - July 19, 2019
Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center
1 Eagle Eyrie Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24503
For children and youth who have completed grades 4–9,
a special track (limited enrollment) for those who have completed grades 10-12,
and camp internship positions available for college students!
The Virginia Baptist Music and Worship Arts Camp is designed for those children and youth who have completed grades 4 – 12. The camp is divided into 3 different tracks:
- The Alpha Track is designed for those who have completed grades 4 – 6.
- The Omega Track is targeted for those who have completed grades 6 – 9. Churches with campers who have completed grade 6 may choose which camp track they will attend.
- The Delta Track is for campers who have completed grades 10 – 12. (This track fills up quickly! Please register early!) Delta campers are limited in number and must submit an application (available from the Worship and Church Music Ministries Office) and be accepted in order to attend. NEW Delta campers need to be nominated by two of the following: Pastor, Minister of Music/Music Director, Youth Minister/Youth Director, or Sunday School Teacher. To nominate a student, please submit the nomination form (coming soon). Once the two nominations and application form are received and reviewed, campers will be notified if they have been accepted and may register for the camp.
The camp consists of worship times and special interest classes, as well as participation in a choral and/or instrumental ensemble. Each afternoon also contains free time to enjoy the Eagle Eyrie pool and facilities as well as opportunities to meet new friends.
This is a music camp and those who do not enjoy musical activities should find a camp that is more geared to their interests. Past classes have included handbells, banners, audio technology, photography, drama, worship art, puppets, guitar, African drumming, piano, interpretive movement, stomp, sketching, and lyric writing among others.
Camp pricing* through June 30, 2019:
- Full Package (Lodging & All Meals) $299 per person
- Lodging Only, No Meals $219 per person
- Lodge Owner, All Meals $219 per person
- Lodge Owner, No Meals $129 per person
*Additional cost of $20 per person for bed & bath linens.
Additional cost of $10 per person for reservations received after June 30, 2019.
Note: The camp program fee is included in the above pricing. Please contact Eagle Eyrie at 434.384.2211 if you have any questions or need additional pricing options.
In the event of cancellations, please contact Eagle Eyrie AND the Office of Worship and Church Music Ministries. There will be a 100% refund of paid program fees if notified by June 14; 50% refund of paid program fees if notified by June 28.
No refund of fees if notified after July 1. All refunds will be processed following the conclusion of the camp.
First-Timers and Returning Leaders: please review the notes, suggestions and reminders for first-time and returning leaders.
- 2019 Delta Camper Application Form
- 2019 Intern Application Form
- 2019 Delta Camper/Intern Nomination Form
Sample Registration Forms:
- 2019 Sample Alpha Camper Registration Form
- 2019 Sample Delta (High School) Camper Registration Form
- 2019 Sample Omega Camper Registration Form
- 2019 Sample Chaperone Registration Form
- Medical Release Form
- Chaperone Information
- Background Check Form: Churches are asked to provide verification of background checks for all adults (age 18 and up) who are attending with their group. Background check documents are due by June 27, 2019.)
The Baptist General Association of Virginia regularly takes photos and shoots video during Music and Worship Arts Camp as a means to gather materials for archival, promotional, and production purposes. Accordingly, during the course of your stay, you and any of your guests may be photographed, filmed, or videoed while participating in any of the campus events or enjoying any of the campus features. Therefore, every guest of Eagle Eyrie Conference Center, by visiting the campus, acknowledges and agrees that these photos, films, and videos may be taken and used in the Baptist General Association of Virginia’s promotional materials, including their website.