Date: February 20, 2020
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Virginia Baptist Resource Center
2828 Emerywood Parkway
Henrico, VA 23294
To help church staff and church lay leaders understand and comply with the tax laws, a seminar sponsored by the Compensation Planning Ministry of the Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) will be held in February 2020. The seminar will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 12:00 p.m. with refreshments provided. For those unable to attend in person, this seminar will also be recorded and available online by registering via our website (same cost as attending in person).
The seminar is designed for church staff and lay leaders who handle taxes and compensation. Attendees will get help with compensation planning for church staff (including retirement and insurance), handling minister’s taxes, and federal reporting requirements for churches. Jeff Cranford, Compensation Planning Specialist, Congregational Field Staff, BGAV, will lead.
The seminar will cover the tax implications for churches and clergy related to:
- The personal income of ministers—salary, housing allowance, S.S. offset.
- Accountable Reimbursement Plans
- Health Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Other benefits such as dental, vision, LTC, etc. as Nontaxed or Pre-tax benefits
- Retirement Plans
- Complying with federal payroll tax reporting obligations
- Form W-2
- Form 941 Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 944 Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return
- 1099 MISC
- Charitable Contribution Reporting
- The Church’s Tax-Exempt Status as a 501(c)(3) Organization
- VA Retail Sales and Use Tax
Both online and print resources will be provided to attendees.
Seminar runs from 9:30 a.m. until noon. All aspects of compensation will be covered to help minimize your risk and potential for substantial penalties resulting from non-compliance with State and Federal Tax Laws.
Cost for BGAV-member church: $15
Cost for non-BGAV-member church: $30
Contact our team today to secure post-seminar appointments.