Date: May 15, 2017 - May 16, 2017
Virginia Baptist Resource Center
2828 Emerywood Parkway
Henrico, VA 23294
“So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.” Ephesians 4:11-12, New International Version (NIV)
Whether you are a volunteer, part-time or full-time youth worker, we want to help equip you with the necessary tools to recruit a youth ministry team so you don’t feel like you’re doing ministry all alone. You will also discover that you are not alone in attempting to do youth ministry in the local church as we network and learn together. Come be refueled by amazing leaders such as:
Dr. Richard Ross, professor of student ministry at Southwestern Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas, created the Lead Team concept while a volunteer youth worker in Nashville, TN. Implementing Lead Teams into your ministry culture will revolutionize what you are able to accomplish and help others to buy in to your church’s youth ministry.
Melissa Scott, associate pastor at Colonial Avenue Baptist Church, Roanoke, VA, ministers with and to the families of children and teenagers and will be sharing some creative ways smaller churches can partner together to do youth ministry.
Darrell Cook, Baptist campus minister at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, will be sharing about ways churches can intentionally prepare and hand students off to campus ministries.
Dane Jackson, minister of students at Second Baptist Church of Richmond since 2013, will lead a session to help in recruiting and training volunteers to assist in youth ministry.
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Welcome and Opening
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. – Breakout: Recruiting Your Dream Team (Dane Jackson)
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:45 p.m. – Lead Team Approach (Richard Ross) *There will be a 15-minute break during this session.
- 3:45 – 4:00 p.m. – Break
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Breakout: Don’t Fumble the Handoff (Darrell Cook)
- 5:00 p.m. – Done for the day! Take time to enjoy some networking over dinner, a movie, or time to rest.
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. – Continental Breakfast/Networking
- 8:30 – 10:45 a.m. – A Youth Ministry Design That Leads to Lifetime Faith (Richard Ross)
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m. – Break
- 11:00 – 12:00 p.m. – Creating a Community Approach (Melissa Scott)
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch, and hit the road!
Cost: $85 per person
Room blocks have been made at two nearby hotels for your convenience:
- Country Inn & Suites ($82/night before taxes), 8010 W Broad Street, Henrico, VA 23294. Click here to reserve at Country Inn & Suites.
- Best Western Executive Inn ($77/night before taxes), 7007 W Broad Street, Henrico, VA 23294. Click here to reserve at Best Western Executive.