Date: April 20, 2020 - April 22, 2020
Virginia Baptist Resource Center
2828 Emerywood Parkway
Henrico, VA 23294
As part of the Chaplain and Spiritual Care Training event jointly sponsored by BGAV and Texas Baptist Chaplaincy, please plan to join us for the Introduction to Interim Ministry!
When a pastor leaves a church, no matter what the reason, the church members’ anxiety can become a dominant force. Rather than being a time of rushing and making poor decisions, or a
time of resting in neutral, we believe the interim period is a key time to help churches become healthier and navigate the interim time with purpose and intention.
Interim church services include:
- Assisting Churches in the Interim Period
- Equipping Pastors for Interim Ministry
This conference will prepare one to:
- Negotiate a healthy covenant (hours, duties, and pay) that is fair to the church and interim pastor. This covenant will also serve as a model for working with the next pastor.
- Understand common issues that impact church/minister relations and what to do about them.
- Analyze the church’s situation and discover methods to help the church address those issues during the interim.
- Assess one’s own preparedness and philosophy about interim ministry, including understanding when to use one’s gifts and when not to.
- Train a Pastor Search Committee.
- Help churches reconnect to denominational resources.
- Join and exit the church system in a healthy and helpful way.
- Understand system dynamics, especially in conflict situations.
- Facilitate church dialogue.
This conference is designed to meet the needs of interim pastors in traditional interim settings. For pastors who desire advanced training in interim ministry, this conference qualifies as the
prerequisite for training as an intentional interim pastor.
Please Note: non-chaplains are welcome to attend this training at the chaplains discounted rate. Chaplains will begin their conference on Sunday, April 19, 2020.
Visit the event registration page for registration information, details, and hotel information.