Date: July 17, 2017 - July 21, 2017
Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center
1 Eagle Eyrie Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24503,
The Virginia Baptist Music and Worship Arts Camp is designed for those children and youth who have completed grades 4 – 12. The camp is divided into three different tracks:
- The Alpha Track is designed for those who have completed grades 4 – 6.
- The Omega Track is targeted for those who have completed grades 6 – 9. Churches with campers who have completed grade 6 may choose which camp track they will attend.
- The Delta Track is for campers who have completed grades 10-12. [This track fills up quickly; Please register early.]
All Delta campers must complete the application form.
New Delta campers need to be nominated by two of the following: Pastor, Minister of Music/Music Director, Youth Minister/Youth Director, or Sunday School Teacher. To nominate a student, please submit the nomination form. Once the two nominations and nomination form are received and reviewed, campers will be notified if they have been accepted and may register for the camp.
The camp consists of worship times and special interest classes, as well as participation in a choral and/or instrumental ensemble. Each afternoon also contains free time to enjoy the Eagle Eyrie pool and facilities as well as opportunities to meet new friends.
This is a music camp, and those who do not enjoy musical activities should find a camp that is more geared to their interests. Past classes have included handbells, audio technology, photography, drama, puppets, guitar, water color art, sketching, drumming, piano, Stomp, and lyric writing among others.
First-time attendees should contact the Office of Worship and Church Music Ministries (800.255.2428 ext. 6220) in order to receive detailed suggestions in order to make your camp experience fun and the best it can be for your campers. Each church is expected to provide chaperones for their campers.
First-Timers and Returning Leaders: please review the notes, suggestions and reminders for first time and returning leaders.
Sample Registration Forms:
- 2017 Sample Alpha Camper Registration Form
- 2017 Sample Delta (High School) Camper Registration Form
- 2017 Sample Omega Camper Registration Form
- 2017 Sample Chaperone Registration Form
- Intern Application 2017
- 2017 Delta Camper Nomination Form
- Medical Release Form
- Chaperone Information
- Background Check Form: Churches are asked to provide verification of background checks for all adults (age 18 and up) who are attending with their group. Background check documents are due by June 27, 2017.)
The Baptist General Association of Virginia regularly takes photos and shoots video during Music and Worship Arts Camp as a means to gather materials for archival, promotional and production purposes. Accordingly, during the course of your stay, you and any of your guests may be photographed, filmed or videoed while participating in any of the campus events or enjoying any of the campus features. Therefore, every guest of Eagle Eyrie Conference Center, by visiting the campus, acknowledges and agrees that these photos, films and videos may be taken and used in the Baptist General Association of Virginia’s promotional materials, including their web site.
Minister in Residence, Traditional Worship and Church Music