Date: April 21, 2018
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Crozet Baptist Church
5804 St George Ave
Crozet, VA 22932
Registration for this event is now closed.
Presented by the Valley & Central region of the BGAV
During this conference, participants will learn
- The four essential elements of an effective small church
- Three real-life models of thriving small churches
- The five important questions every congregation should ask about its future
In addition, participants will be given a copy of The Reconciling Community; handouts featuring small church resources; data about change in American society and the status of small churches in America; and, a bibliography for further reading on vibrant small churches.
The seminar will feature group learning experiences, discussion, question-and-answer, futures scenario building, and Powerpoint presentations will be available to all participants.
Our presenter is Dr. Chuck Warnock, author of The Reconciling Community: The Missional Mending of Spiritual and Social Relationships through Local Church Ministry, and pastor of Chatham Baptist Church, Chatham, VA.
- 34 years of pastoral experience in 4 small and 3 medium size churches.
- Blogged for Outreach Magazine under the blog title, “Confessions of a Small Church Pastor” from 2006 to 2010.
- Now ChuckWarnock.com, the blog has been viewed over 1.6 million times by 550,000 unique visitors.
- Served as Outreach Magazine’s contributing editor for small church issues from 2008-2010.
- Small church conference leader at Outreach’s National Outreach Convention 2007-2010.
- Small church speaker and conference leader at The Billy Graham School of Evangelism at The Cove near Asheville, NC, in 2008.
Cost per person: $10.00 (applied to cost of lunch provided)
For more information contact your BGAV Field Strategist
Central Region: Jeff Cranford or Valley Region: Skip Wallace
(firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)