Date: August 24, 2019
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Heritage Baptist Church
700 Milnwood Road
Farmville, VA 23901
(co-sponsored by Virginia Baptist Foundation)
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. (Isaiah 43:19 NIV)
9:30-10:00 a.m. – Register
10:00 a.m. – Welcome & Hymn
10:10-10:40 a.m. – Dr. John Upton
10:45-11:45 a.m. – First Breakout Session
11:45-12:40 p.m. – Lunch
12:45-1:45 p.m. – Second Breakout Session
1:45 p.m. – Closing and Door Prizes!
- Revitalize: Getting Outside the Church Walls (Evangelism & Outreach) – Roger Roller
Learn to engage people in conversation about their salvation in day-to-day life activities away from the church and how ministry evangelism in the community can lead to witnessing opportunities.
- Revitalize: Endowments: Your Church’s Pay-It-Forward Fund – Ron Hall, Virginia Baptist Foundation
The average Virginia Baptist church member today contributes less than $20 a week to the ministries of the local church. An endowment fund can provide the church a number of benefits including: a dream fund for ministries; an additional income stream; a hedge against declining gifts, membership and economy; Finally, an opportunity for members to extend their Christian stewardship beyond their lifetimes. Endowment funds permits the church and its members to take into the future what it values most in the present.
- Revitalize: How to Become a Hospitable Church for Guests and Follow-up on Members – Robert Putt
Discover new ways to say “visitors welcome”, learn to think like a guest, and think together with others about how your church relates to your community. Discover ways to use “social media” to follow-up on members.
- Revitalize: Guests Are Typically Looking for More than a Visitors Card – Greg McCormick
A new person or family who chooses to attend your church made an investment of time and energy. They are likely taking a risk of stepping into the unknown. Are we willing to invest in them? Consider how to appropriately disciple new church attendees and equip them for leadership. Hint: It’s all about relationship!
- Revitalize: How to Sell Your Church to the Community – Rick Sewell
This session will challenge you to rethink how you market your church to the surrounding community by applying insights from the sales industry.
- Revitalize: See How They Grow – Kim Eskridge
How can we teach the love of Christ to children in a meaningful way that reaches them where they are?
- Revitalize: What Are You(th) Willing to Do? – Danny Quirin
What on earth does a volunteer and church need to do in order to be attractional to this generation of teens for heaven’s sake?
- Revitalize: How to Use the Internet to Reach New People – Nathan White
The Great Commission calls us to share the Gospel to the ends of the earth, which these days also includes the internet. We’ll discuss best practices and learn from each other about how best to leverage the latest tools to reach new people for Christ.
- Revitalize: Moving Members to Serve on Mission – Glenn Maddox
Churches have people who bring a variety of gifts to the table. This session will focus on helping them offer their best to God’s Kingdom, starting in their own communities – learning through experiences with Impact Mission Camps and Disaster Response.
- Revitalize: How Pastors Can Partner and Change a Community – Jerry Stanfield
My session will deal with how a church can use creative ideas to get out of the four walls of the church and into the community to do missions and ministry as a means to reach its community for Christ.
- Revitalize: Fresh Expressions of Church – Gannon Sims
How can we in the Church embrace our heritage as the body of Christ while engaging those who don’t even know they need to be part of that body? Come and learn how Fresh Expressions can be a gift to your Church as you seek to reach your community for Christ.
- Revitalize: Moving Past Conflict to Church Health & Revitalization – Cynthia Shackelford
Differences and conflict can strengthen relationships within a community of believers or can disrupt those relationships and weaken the community of believers. Our challenge is to learn how to address differences and resolve conflicts as the Lord intends so that our witness is stronger and we advance God’s Kingdom on earth.
- Revitalize: How Sports Camps Can Bring People to Christ – Scott Curtis & Chad Harris
How sports can be used as a tool and resource for ministry.
BGAV Church Members: $15 per person
Non-BGAV Church Members: $50 per person
Lunch will be provided. Childcare is also available for $10 per child.
Registration Deadline: August 14
First 100 paid registrations will receive a free BGAV padfolio!