To help church staff and church lay leaders understand and comply with tax laws, the Compensation Planning Ministry of the Baptist General Association of Virginia hosts a series of informative seminars throughout Virginia each year.
The Church and Clergy Tax Seminars are designed for church staff and lay leaders who need assistance with tax issues. Attendees will get help with proper structuring of church staff compensation so as to meet the requirements of the Internal Revenue Code, proper handling of minister’s taxes, and church federal reporting requirements.
The seminars will cover the tax implications for churches and clergy related to:
- The personal income of ministers—salary, housing allowance, S.S. offset.
- Accountable Reimbursement Plans
- Health Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Other benefits such as dental, vision, LTC, etc. as Nontaxed or Pre-tax benefits
- Retirement Plans
- Complying with federal payroll tax reporting obligations
- Form W-2
- Form 941 Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 944 Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return
- 1099 MISC
- Charitable Contribution Reporting
- The Church’s Tax-Exempt Status as a 501(c)(3) Organization
- VA Retail Sales and Use Tax
Both online and print resources will be provided to attendees.
Seminars run from 9:30 a.m. until Noon. All aspects of compensation will be covered to help minimize your risk and potential for substantial penalties resulting from non-compliance with State and Federal Tax Laws.
Contact our team today to register and secure post-seminar appointments.
Field Strategist, Central Region; Compensation Planning Specialist