Position Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Weekly Expectation: Part-Time (25 hours)
Church/Ministry Name: Bayside Baptist Church
Church/Ministry Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact Name: Michael Feldman
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Job Description & Details:
Bayside Baptist Church in Virginia Beach, VA, is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Director. We are looking for someone who loves Jesus, has a passion to disciple children, and who can lead our children’s ministry team to help kids know, love, and follow Jesus.
1. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of Sunday morning children’s ministry, including Sunday School and Children’s Worship.
2. Organize and lead key children’s ministry events, such as VBS, Summer Camp, and Fall Festival.
3. Work with Associate Pastor in leading Awana on Wednesday nights.
4. Regularly teach a Baptism Class for children.
5. Ensure all children’s ministries events are safe, sanitary, fun, while promoting Christ-centered spiritual growth.
6. Recruit, train, place, support, and monitor volunteer leaders.
7. Schedule regular meetings for training, planning, and care.
8. Work with the Administrator to develop, submit, and monitor the children’s ministry budget.
9. Provide care for children and families within the church through prayer, visiting, follow-up, and discipleship.
1. A mature Christian who is growing in their personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and service.
2. A clear calling to ministry.
3. An understanding of children’s ministry as a foundational ministry of the church.
4. Ability to lead a team of volunteers by casting vision for the ministry and organizing the skills and talents of those team members.
5. Ability to relate well to parents and ministry volunteers.
6. Knowledge of developmental stages for children grades pre-k through 5 and ability to choose and implement appropriate programming for those stages.
7. Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
8. A display of such desirable qualities as teamwork, cooperation, dependability, organization, hard work, respect, and a teachable spirit.
9. In agreement with the “Baptist Faith and Message 2000” and Bayside’s mission, vision, and values.
For more information or to apply, contact Michael Feldman at Feldman@baysidebc.org.
Closing Date: 2017-04-20
Church Website: http://www.baysidebc.org