LifeSpire of Virginia is seeking to hire an executive director for its Lakewood community in Richmond, Virginia.
Lakewood is a not-for-profit life plan community located in Richmond’s West End. It is one of four communities owned and operated by LifeSpire of Virginia, based in Richmond, Virginia.
The Lakewood community currently consists of 227 independent living apartments, 30 villas, 14 cottages, 60 assisted living beds, 14 assisted living memory support beds and 96 skilled nursing beds. The community is in a pre-sales phase for an additional 44 independent living apartments and 20 hybrid homes. A comprehensive expansion and repositioning project is currently in process that will include the additional independent living units, four new dining venues, a performing arts center, and a comprehensive wellness center that includes an aquatic center.
The community has an outstanding reputation in the Richmond market and currently provides service to 440 residents and employs 360 staff members. The health center provides excellent care and has a 5-Star rating with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. In November 2016, Lakewood received the prestigious “Best Nursing Home” rating by U.S. News & World Report.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Director is responsible for continuing and enhancing the reputation of the community by providing strategic leadership consistent with the LifeSpire mission, vision and values. The Executive Director shall provide leadership in the development of policies, procedures and plans, which results in the accomplishment of both the organization’s long- and short-range goals. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the development and delivery of appropriate services to the residents, clients, and their families.
Key qualifications, duties and personal characteristics for this position are:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive Director, Officer, or Administrator of a life plan community
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
· NHA license is a plus, but not required
· Thorough understanding of the senior housing industry
· Financial management skills; ability to develop and manage the budget for the entire community; identify areas for expense savings or revenue generating opportunities
· Ability to maintain and strengthen positive working relationships with staff, residents, and leadership across communities
· With support of the leadership team, develop and implement a strategic plan that aligns with the LifeSpire mission, vision, and values
· Provide quality programming and services that meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s consumer
· Develop and sustain a community culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, continuous quality improvement, and accountability
· Develop a strong team of competent and committed professionals who are committed to service excellence
· Articulate a vision, create consensus, and motivate people to build a sense of community
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support the strategic plan and direction of LifeSpire of Virginia.
· Direct the overall operations of the facility while complying with state and federal regulations as well as the company’s policies and procedures
· Ensure compliance and licensure with all licensing agencies
· Manage occupancy development.
· Plan, develop, and manage the facility’s operating and capital budgets
· Develop and monitor all contracted provider services
· Foster effective communications and teamwork among the facility’s management group
· Maintain current knowledge about changes in federal, state, and local regulations
· Focus on achieving and maintaining 5-star status in the community
The ideal candidate will be a competent, compassionate, and committed professional who is willing to enter into a long-term commitment of service to the organization and to do so within a team-oriented, collaborative, servant leadership environment. He/she will be a person of high integrity and ethical standards and have a personal reputation that will reflect well on the organization. Of equal importance will be a high standard of care and concern for current and future residents. He/she will evidence a commitment to establishing community collaborations. As a relationship-oriented person, the Executive Director will be an excellent communicator and will maintain a visible presence among staff, residents, clients, and within the surrounding community.
This job offers a competitive base salary with a bonus incentive structure, as well as an excellent benefits package. The full-time benefits package includes options for health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and relocation assistance. EOE.
Qualified applicants may apply by e-mailing a resume to: Mick Feauto, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.