On Friday, May 15, 2020, the Commonwealth of Virginia entered Phase One of reopening, during which churches are allowed to meet inside at 50% capacity with strict adherence to the guidelines listed on the site linked here. Note that the Northern Virginia region is delaying Phase One—a decision announced May 12 in this press release. We will post more guidance from the governor’s office when it becomes available.
- Coronavirus Town Hall: a virtual meeting held May 19, 2020 with John Upton, David Washburn, and Chris Backert discussing important considerations and requirements regarding reopening during Phase One and beyond (click here to watch a recording of the event)
Articles and Documents
- Re-gathering Considerations by David Washburn, BGAV Treasurer
- Safer at Home: Phase 1 (Requirements and Guidelines for Religious Services) published by the Office of the Governor of Virginia
- Safer at Home: Phase 1 Guidelines for Religious Services (PDF) published by the Office of the Governor of Virginia (a convenient, printable version)
- Reopening Churches, Businesses, and Nonprofit Organizations as Coronavirus Restrictions Begin to Lift (PDF) by H. Robert Showers, Esq. and William R. Thetford, Esq.
- Post-Coronavirus Facilities Re-opening Checklist (PDF) by Smart Church Solutions
- 6 Considerations for Reopening Your Kids Ministry published by LifeWay
- Re-opening Intentions Congregational Survey Example created by LifeWay
|Aisle Signage – Go with Flow|
|What You Need to Know about COVID-19|
Sickness Comparison Chart
|Steps to Slow the Spread of COVID-19|