On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, the Commonwealth of Virginia entered Phase Three of reopening. Guidelines for religious services to meet in person are clearly outlined in this document.
- Coronavirus Town Hall: a virtual meeting held May 19, 2020 with John Upton, David Washburn, and Chris Backert discussing important considerations and requirements regarding reopening during Phase One and beyond (click here to watch a recording of the event)
Articles and Documents
- Phase 3 Guidelines for Religious Services (PDF) published by the Office of the Governor of Virginia
- 7 Considerations for Updating Your Kids Ministry Policies Now published by LifeWay
- Re-gathering Considerations by David Washburn, BGAV Treasurer
- Safer at Home: Phase 1 (Requirements and Guidelines for Religious Services) published by the Office of the Governor of Virginia
- Safer at Home: Phase 1 Guidelines for Religious Services (PDF) published by the Office of the Governor of Virginia (a convenient, printable version)
- Reopening Churches, Businesses, and Nonprofit Organizations as Coronavirus Restrictions Begin to Lift (PDF) by H. Robert Showers, Esq. and William R. Thetford, Esq.
- Post-Coronavirus Facilities Re-opening Checklist (PDF) by Smart Church Solutions
- 6 Considerations for Reopening Your Kids Ministry published by LifeWay
- Re-opening Intentions Congregational Survey Example created by LifeWay
|Aisle Signage – Go with Flow
|What You Need to Know about COVID-19||
Sickness Comparison Chart
|Steps to Slow the Spread of COVID-19