Posted: 10/29/15 at 9:00am.
The Source of Light Center officially opened in January of 2012. Located in the Delmas 19 community of Port-au-Prince, Source of Light is truly a place of great hope for the people of Haiti.
Following the devastating earthquake in 2010, the Haiti Baptist Convention identified the need for an orphanage as their greatest challenge.
In partnership with the Baptist World Alliance and Hungarian Baptist Aid, under the leadership of the Haiti Baptist Convention, Virginia Baptists committed to addressing this need.
The Source of Light Center resources the community in many ways, some of which include:
- Providing a safe home for orphans
- Providing an elementary school that is affordable
- Providing a therapy center for children with disabilities
- Providing professional training for adults in areas such as auto mechanics and nursing
- Providing a computer lab and computer training
- Providing purified water and chicken eggs for the community to purchase at an affordable rate
New sponsors are needed for a few of the children living at the center. The sponsorship levels are:
- $35 per month—Daily Sponsorship (food, daily care, housing expenses)
- $20 per month—Education Sponsorship (books, uniforms, school supplies)
- $15 per month—Health Sponsorship (vitamins, medical exams, medication)
Contact Nichole Prillaman if you’re interested.