Nichole Prillaman, Missions Volunteer Coordinator, gives us a quick update about what’s happening at the Source of Light Center (SOLC) in Haiti:
- Hired a soccer and basketball coach for the Center. This person will help to coach the children living at SOLC along with provide organized physical activity for the children.
- Purchased and installed a water bagging system. Since the Center already has a water purification unit which supplies the community with drinking water, the bagging system can now be used to package water in smaller containers which will be sold individually. The income generated from the sale of water is used to offset expenses at the Center.
- A group of students from the Longwood BCM just returned after spending their Spring Break week in Haiti. The group was able to construct a new home for a family in the Delmas 19 community and the group spent significant time developing relationships with the children living at SOLC.
- We are preparing for a very active summer at Source of Light. Teams from Virginia will be in Haiti every week from the end of June until the middle of August. This will total over one hundred Virginia Baptist volunteers.
- We also have one Venturer who is about to conclude his time in Haiti and are preparing for the arrival of our next Venturer who will arrive in Haiti the end of April. This summer we will also have two collegiate summer missionaries working alongside our partners in Haiti.
- We are currently making final arrangements for a major donation of musical instruments that are being given to the Center. Once the instruments are in place at the Center, a music teacher will be hired to help instruct the children in musical skills.
Please pray for the ministry of the Source of Light Center in Haiti.
Check out pictures from the trip several Virginia Baptists took in January: