The BGAV is proud to provide copies of the Parish Paper free of charge to members of our constituency!
Co-edited by highly-reputable knowledge experts, monthly issues of The Parish Paper provides ideas, insights, research-findings, and practical methods that strengthen the effectiveness of congregations in accomplishing God’s purposes through their various ministries.
Open recent BGAV-sponsored copies of The Parish Paper:
2018 Parish Papers
- January – 18 Questions for 2018
- February – Best Practices for Church Members Serving as Staff
- March – Finding Significance as a Small Church
- April – Church Energy Use: Can We Harness Hope?
- May – How to Balance Hospitality and Church Security
- June – Making the Nursery a Place of Belonging
- July – Inviting, Informing, and Including Newcomers
- August – How to Raise Money for Your Community Projects
- September – Checking Up on Clergy Health
- October – Don’t Disagree, Deliberate
2017 Parish Papers
- January – Conquering the Cutback Syndrome
- February – How Do Congregations Respond to Interfaith Couples?
- March – Guide to Good Governance
- April – Small is Big Again: Reclaiming Small Church Ministry
- May – Financing the Local Church
- June – Ministry in Midst of Tragedy
- July – How Can We Help Immigrants?
- August – What Promotes Hope?
- September – Equipping Volunteers Builds a Strong Church Community
- October – Short-Term Mission Trips that Yield Long-Term Success
- November – Mistakes Churches Make During an Interim Ministry
- December – Does Our Pastor Need a Job Description?
2016 Parish Papers
- January – How Ministry Teams Get Things Done
- February – The Payday Lending Crisis: What Can Congregations Do?
- March – What Numbers Matter for Congregations? Lessons from Five-Year Trends
- April – How to Deal with Church Conflict
- May – How Do New People Hear about Your Church?
- June – Making Congregations Greener
- July – When Charity Brings Anything But Relief
- August – Multiple Roads to a Multicultural Congregation
- September – What Keeps Congregations from Implementing New Ideas
- October – Keeping Up with the Pastor’s Pay
- November – Does Your Congregation Suffer from Anxiety?
- December – Can We Wait for God’s Spark?
2015 Parish Papers
- January – Our Future Pastors: Assessing the State of the Pipeline
- February – How to Avoid the Potholes on the Road to Retirement
- March – What Churches Can Do to Increase Social Media Security
- April – Finding God’s New Call in the Same Place
- May – Seeking a Bivocational Calling for Pastors and Churches
- June – Could Lack of Curiosity Kill the Church?
- July – Congregational Strength Is Always Plural
- August – How to Enhance the Ministry of Associate Pastors
- September – New Models for New Churches: What Works?
- October – Can Congregations Reach Young Adults?
- November – Navigating the Currents of Endowments and Reserve Funds
- December – Improving Church Communication
2014 Parish Papers
- January – Big Ministry Trends for 2014
- February – A Parable about Pastoral Leadership
- March – When Less is More: The Consequences of Clergy Turnover
- April – eGiving: It’s about More Than Money
- May – How to Welcome Children with Autism and Their Families
- June – Caring for the Caregivers
- July – What Type of Follower Attends Our Church?
- August – Do Your Mission and Method Fit Your Size?
- September – How Churches Can Partner with Local Schools
- October – How Can We Prevent Suicide?
- November – Should We Consider Closing Our Church?
- December – How to Make the Most of a Consulting Process
2013 Parish Papers
- March – What Leadership Style Works Best in Our Church?
- April – Oral Communication: How to Strengthen Our Effectiveness
- May – Important Conversations: How to Avoid the Sand Traps
- June – Making Informed Decisions During Times of Change
- July – The Great Recession: Its Effects on Congregations and What We Learned
- August – Clergy Groups: Are They Worth the Investment?
- September – Disaster Relief: Congregations in the Eye of the Storm
- October – Growth or Decline? 10 Key Questions about Worship Attendance
- November – E-newsletters: Worth More Than You Know
- December – Why a Sense of Belonging Matters
2012 Parish Papers
- January – How to Perfect Your Leadership Triangle
- February – How to Manage Change Resistance
- March – What Type of Future Are We Building
- April – How Is Your Congregations Health
- May – How to Turn Bystanders Into Active Disciples
- June – Mission Possible More Men in the Pews
- July – The Message We Are Sending About Giving
- August – Keys to Growing a Small Church
- September – Where Are The Unchurched?
- October – Preventing Church Fraud
2011 Parish Papers
- January – What Is Your Unconscious Intent
- February – Accomplishing Worthy Goals—Being Smart Is not Enough
- March – Does a Congregations Location Influence Its Effectiveness
- April – Incoming Pastors—Building Smoother Transition Bridges
- May – When Does Success Lead to Failure
- June – What is the Pastor’s Role in Church Finance
- July – How to Select Quality Staff
- August – How to Prevent Bad Behavior During Times of Change
- September – Why Do People Connect with Christ and a Congregation
- October – Why Do Smart Churches Make Dumb Decisions
- November – Should We Unleash the Power of Congregational Planning?
- December – How Do We Successfully Launch a New Project?
2010 Parish Papers
- January – Should We Fine-Tune Our Internal Culture?
- February – Become Comfortable with Conflict (Step One)
- March – New Trends in Belonging
- April – What to Learn from the Emerging Church Movement?
- May – Generous Givers: A Product of Motivation and Methods
- July – Should Our Congregation Use Internet Social Media?
- August – How Much Should We Pay Our Pastor?
- September – Planning for the Unexpected Financial Crisis
- October – Why Are Worship Visitors Important?
- November – What Are the Big-Picture Trends in Congregations
- December – Fifty Years Later
2009 Parish Papers
- January – How to Identify Our Unstated Assumptions
- February – Should Our Congregation Offer More Choices?
- March – Going into all the World: Church Website Basics
- April – What Do People Want in Their Pastors?
- June – One Congregation: Many Locations
- July – Lay Testimonials Strengthen Financial Giving!
- August – Shepherding Congregations through Grief
- September – Do We Sing All Five Worship-Hymns
- October – Women Pastors: Are Assumptions Accurate?
- November – Seven Roads to a Multicultural Congregation
- December – Are We a Leader-Sending Congregation?
2008 Parish Papers
- January – What Core Values Drive Our Church?
- April – Making a Good Start with Your New Pastor?
- August – How Church Size Impacts Decision-Making
2007 Parish Papers
- February – Where Do Teenagers Want to Go to Church?
- May – Five Effective Stewardship Programs
- June – Are We Making a Place for the Next Generation?
2006 Parish Papers
- Permission to provide copies to our staff and the congregations within our constituency in any of the following ways: E-mail, Postal, newspaper, newsletter, meetings, training events, and our Website.
- Permission for each congregation within our constituency to (a) photocopy or electronically distribute for local use as many copies as it needs, (b) post them on its Website, and (c) quote sentences and paragraphs.
Your congregation does NOT have permission (a) to delete the copyright notice on page 2; (b) to re-write, paraphrase, or change the wording of sentences and paragraphs; or (c) to give ANY THIRD PARTY—other than your staff and constituents—permission to photocopy or reprint (in any quantity, no matter how small, whether for free distribution or for sale).
Important Subscription Information – For all organizations and congregations reagrding updating subscription information. Please download the attached document complete and return.